I'm in love with love. The whirlwind of affection, the joy of discovery each day brings and so, with this process I find that I must constantly caution myself. Do not get invested. Do not be so hopeful. Do not expect that same level of layering in the flirtation. Yet I always seem to throw caution to the wind.
As an adult, I enjoy dating. Didn't do much of it as a teen. Was too shy and awkward and *smart* to get past blushing and stammering. As a woman, I'm ready stop dating. So where's the in between?
The process is enjoyable. Flirting is easy, it makes you feel good, magnifies your attraction, etc. Truth be told, unless it's right, after extended periods of flirting that first blush of intimacy can be a let down. I'm in no rush. I'd just like a better indicator of where to divest my interest. How do I tell up front who to bestow the intricacies of my particular brand of parry and thrust in the dating game?
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment